27.

No comments:
 
A new twist on the self-portrait :)


Most of today was spent in front of my computer, note book in hand as I scribbled furiously to keep up with the Zach & Jody workshop hosted by creativeLIVE. (ahem. I'd link, but the photos they have up right now are not modest)


It's only day 1 of the 3 day workshop, and already I've learned so much! My favorite part of the day was watching their techniques for harnessing the light in such a way as to flatter their subjects marvelously,which also cuts their editing time to a minimum.

Exactly how I want to shoot! Do it all in the camera!

It can be fun to play in Lightroom, but realllly...you don't make people happy waiting for you to work wonders on every.single.shot. Do the wonders while you shoot, not after :)

Another great thing was remembering that while your shots should be as artistic, well-exposed, and  as technically brilliant as they can get, be sure they also capture moments. People have emotional attachments to moments and a good photo takes them back to those special times even if it doesn't have all the elements of good composition (in your eyes!). All the tech-stuff should come naturally (once you've worked hard at it) so that your eyes are open to see those moments instead of always checking your histogram :)

In other news, we had Pizza Margharita for dinner.

And in case you're wondering about the ingredients...
-pizza crust
-herbed olive oil (fresh basil is ideal)
-sliced tomatoes
-mozzarella cheese

Bake it in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes.

So yummy. I am glad we have leftovers :D


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I've got this here handy comment box for the lovely words you'd like to share with me :)

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff