1.

No comments:
 
Happy New Year!

With a brand new year ahead, I thought a brand new blog 
would be a great way to document all the happenings and adventures of 2012! 
This is supposed to be a 365 blog complete with pictures and stories,  
so ya'll can keep me accountable! 
I will try and post several times during the week, though it might not happen every day :)

My family and I started the year off with becoming members of our church!  
The process has been in the works for some time both with us and a handful of other families.

We are excited and grateful.

Our church is a precious place for our souls to dwell in on Sundays.

Now to the name and plan of the blog:
Psalm 27:4 leaped out at me recently while reading the Word
 and contemplating what the LORD would have me focus on this year.  
I've divided the year into 3s to correspond with the three desires
 and for each 4 months I hope to study and record what He shows me about each one.

Today we have started a "read the Bible  in a year" plan as a family, 
and we started at the beginning of beginnings. Already I spotted a way to dwell.
Part of dwelling with Christ means to obey His words...
...and to trust Him
in everything
...even when acquiring knowledge in some other way tempts us.



Today's self portrait turned out way better than I thought it would...
...as I spend most of my time shooting other people.
So it is an encouraging start!
My camera remote is going to become my best electronic friend this year.
I can just tell.


In December we made a gingerbread birdhouse. 
The original plan was to make a Swiss chalet, but it quickly morphed into a house for birds.
The tradition is to smash and eat it on New Years, and so we did. 

I just finished a few pieces myself, 
which may not have been a good idea as I feel that I have caught a cough...
sugar + cold = not a good equation.

Have you ever tried hot lemon juice with honey?
Works wonders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I've got this here handy comment box for the lovely words you'd like to share with me :)

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff