Today started last night with the HUGE thunderstorm.
And the power went out around 4 am.
It didn't return to us until noon.
Made me grateful for the times when we do have electricity, gave me a good lesson in time management since I pretty much 'wasted' the weekend, and made me realize how much I depend on electricity for everything. Without it, I can't charge my camera batteries, or power up my photo hard drive, or use my computer.
However, without power, I sleep better since bedtime happens when it gets dark, I read more, and get to focus on handiwork and rest my eyes :)

We went out to dinner at a friend's house tonight!
They opened the "474 Diner" in honor of their daughter's 8th birthday,
so of course we had to dress up 1940's style for the occasion.
Burgers, fries, cherry limeade, and root beer floats made up the menu.





No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting! I've got this here handy comment box for the lovely words you'd like to share with me :)